Today is the day… Mexico bound! Such a mixture of emotions accompanied this past week and most definitely today! An overlapping theme though is most definitely fear of the unknown. As I have been preparing to go, I have found myself gripping tighter to the familiarity of home and the people there that mean so much to me, yet God keeps calling me to let go of comfort in order to cling even tighter to Himself. So, with a heart filled with anticipation, I boarded the plane, trusting that where the Lord calls, He will equip! As I walked off the plane and that all too familiar fear hit, I was reminded of this truth in Romans 8:31, 37-39 which states,
“..If God is for us, who is against us? ... But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing , will be able to separate us from the love of God , which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
It is a reminder to me that I want the truth of God’s word to be hidden in my heart, as I chose not to live by my feelings and emotions but by what God says is true and right!
I have finally arrived at the place I am staying in San Miguel around 1:30am! I am exhausted and I am heading to get some much needed sleep!
Kelley, you are on my prayer list. May God's perfect will become a reality in you and through you.
ReplyDeleteJames 1:22 - But be ye doer's of the Word, not hearer's only, deceiving yourselves.
Thought of you in church yesterday...funnily enough also in the book of Romans...Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the reviewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." Know that you are doing something amazing and it is strange and different but all of us here at home, including Josh and I are behind you 100% and support you beyond words. Thought this may being a smile to you face. Until next time...Love you! :)
ReplyDelete